Saturday 14 June 2008

What Is a Girl to do?

When she feels like she can't really focus on anything.


Well real life has thrown a nice surprise recently, my boyfriend and I are both moving soon. I got this info on Friday, and have been joyous ever since! Also I decided to do some more work so I'd have more money to take with me. So this has left me ignoring WoW for the past few days, and also, now that I have time to play again, I really can't decide what to do!

Now tomorrow Aedos is raiding, (Black Temple) but I think I would rather have spent my evening doing something more constructive. I have several goals at the moment which I'm hoping to start ticking off soon! These are a few of them, in no particular order:


1. Get Aedos Swift Flight Form!

Ok Aedos has been 70 for around 4 months now, and in that time I really haven't done anything with her except raid. And with raiding and gearing up comes the expense of gems, primal's etc. She has hardly done any dailies or quests since as resto, it's quite painful! So she really hasn't accumulated masses of wealth. Loukya has her Swift Gryphon, which really comes in handy for her as a herbalist, gathering herbs is a much easier affair when I can zoom round the outlands at 280% speed. She enjoys laughing at Aedos' expense over this, as she's a bit grumpy at her for stealing her raid places.

I didn't really feel the need for Aedos to have swift form when I started raiding with her, but now I feel so slow and inferior compared to everyone else! I'm fed up having to log ten minutes earlier than everyone else to make it to the raid entrance on time. And it is quite infuriating switching from Loukya and her speediness to Aedos and her slowness.


So I guess the thing I should do here is to start doing dailies every day (Which I dont do at the moment, I'm lucky if i get one set of SSO dailies done in a week!) And I shall do them with both Loukya and Aedos! I also will start using Loukya's alchemy more, making pots elixirs etc to sell on the AH could prove quite profitable, this is something else I will try to do every day...eek! I'm going to start this on Monday and I'll record my progress as I go along. As of today...4000 gold to go!


2. Aedos needs her PVP Trinket!

Most of these little goals are Aedos based. This one is to improve her Raiding.

When I started raiding Mount Hyjal I was told that to start off with I'd be fine, but eventually I'd need to get Medallion Of The Alliance for Rage Winterchill and eventually Archimonde. So far I haven't got it *blush* I've been feared around and killed too many times now without it and now as the guild is starting to get better at Archimonde now really is the time to get this darn trinket.



Now I really have an aversion to PVP, maybe it's just because I haven't done any. Brennus and I did a quick AV one night, it wasn't too bad I guess, I don't like being killed, I didn't really know what to do, but I got some honor! But the time has come for me to be brave and venture out into the world of PVP myself, I can't have Brennus holding my hand the whole time. Again, I'm going to try and do a bit of Battlegrounds every few days, and try and slowly get my honour up hopefully before I die too much in raids!




3. Start Loukya on some PVP and generally improve her gear.


Now even though I've said I have an aversion to PVP I'm going to persevere and force myself to enjoy it. Loukya is going to start doing some PVP to hopefully improve her gear, so she doesn't feel as insignificant anymore! I guess I could do a few heroics as well, but it's really finding the time to do all these things which is the hard part! Also a nice little respec to subtlety or something might be a nice change for me This isn't really one of the most important goals I want to finish, but it would be nice to get rid of the last couple of pesky blues I have. Also so I can run past my fellow rogues in the Guild and feel like I'm on par with them again gear and DPS wise ^^



4. Improve Aedos' UI

When raiding with Loukya my UI was as plain as it comes. The bog standard Blizzard affair with a damage meter and slightly more funky moving avatar pics thrown in. I was advised by a few fellow healers in my guild to use a few addons with Aedos, such as Grid and a HoTtimer, both of which I have installed. I started playing about with bartender too, moving my one bar into three and pushing my macro's all over the place. The only problem with my current UI is this. It's far too cluttered, I only have a small space on screen where nothing is happening. One problem I have is that I can't see well without my glasses on. Playing WoW without them is doable but I have to have all my buttons and Grid pretty big to see them well enough. I have contact lenses, but they get dry and irritating after a while and I usually have to take them out during raids. But the other annoyance is my big Stereo Headphones, the only ones which don't hurt my ears, push my glasses into the sides of my head and hurt! Therefore I usually play kinda blind. So I need my stuff kinda big, but I also want to see more of my screen.


So in the middle of the week I'm going to reduce all my buttons and Macro's to just essentials, get Grid and my HoT timers as small as I can, and also get used to using it like this before the next raid!

Ok this is definitely a big enough post. I really need to sleep but had to get all this out quickly before I forgot! There are other things I need to achieve soon, but for now these few will do! I'll maybe post about the others when I have a spare hour. Anyway, sleep calls, I shall report on how I get along with all these things later.

No comments: