Monday 9 June 2008

A Bit About Loukya


Young Blogs have to start somewhere, so to start with I'll speak a bit about my two main characters to give a kind of introduction to them both and myself. I'll introduce Aedos when I have more time but this is the story of Loukya my first main WoW Character.

Back in 2005 I was an avid Guild Wars player. I enjoyed the looks of the game, and the various classes I played. I didn't like the fact though that it was ridiculously hard to get groups together in towns for quests and also that I was always travelling on my own.
So a friend of mine gave me his copy of WoW and a free-trial key to give it a try and from then I was addicted! I first rolled an undead warlock but found the server I had rolled on was very quiet, and I was feeling lonely again! So again the real life friend came to my rescue and told me to come play as Alliance on Aggramar.

I couldn't decide on a class, I had played as a mage and a healer on GW but I felt like doing something a little bit different. I'm quite a shy person and was convinced I was going to spend my entire time playing alone (The real life friend is a Guild Leader of the 2nd most advanced guild on the server, he wasn't much use in helping me level, apart from the 20 gold I was given to start off with!) I decided to pick a class where I could sneak around, dealing damage and generally avoid trouble if I didn't feel like fighting. Thus Loukya the Rogue was born.

There she is, looking so young and grumpy ^^


I did spend my first few months levelling slowly, and again, I didn't really speak to many people or have a clue what I was doing. I had vague recollections that I knew Agility and Stamina were important for gear, and I chose to level Herbalism and Alchemy as professions. When I was levelling I used to regret choosing those as other rogues seemed to have much better gear than I from Leatherworking. But now with a Raiding Druid I'm glad I choose to level it! I can never have enough pots! Anyway...

At about level 15 or so at the end of December I was invited into the guild Soldiers of Azeroth, where I am still a proud member today. I met some great people there, not least, my fiance Brennus, who plays a feral druid ^^ He was already level 60 when we first met so he became my guide through the game. We've had lots of good times together, he helped me level, helped me learn more about the game in general, and took me on crazy suicide trips, jumping off the edges of the world, and trying to get into old Ironforge!




So I levelled, I did dungeons and slowly manage to master my class and eventually dinged 60 10 months after I started playing, then after the TBC I went quick to 70. People often ask me now why I am dagger specced and the answer is purely this: I hate PVP, I only raid for my gear, and not one decent sword has ever dropped for me in any instance, or raid only daggers. So it's not through choice that my DPS is not as it could be as a sword spec, I did level with swords I just don't have any luck with drops, as my guild mates will attest to!

So there is some basic info about her, she's currently resting at the moment as my druid is my new raider but she will be having more adventures again soon!

No comments: